Friday, April 22, 2011

Bots all around us

Most people out there think that bots are slave laborers. They grind all day long and sit on the AH babysitting their wares. Making sure they never get undercut.

While this is true of a good majority of them out there. Those are the ones that are hired by the gold selling companies that are running around your capital city using /y and /s to the best of their abilities.

I'm here to inform you that there are actually quite a few independent botters. (I say independent only because I'm referring to the fact that they don't contract other botters.)

I'm actually one of them. I participate in guild raids. Chat it up on the trade channel. Even play the AH a little.

No one on my server would ever suspect that I use a bot.

They see me on all the time and know that I have never had a problem with gold. Although I've never bragged about how much I have.

As far as they're concerned I just have no life and enjoy this game.

While the latter is true, I disagree with the former.

This bot allows me to raid near the top of the ladder without the constant play time that it requires to collect mats for flasks, gems, gear, and anything else I need.

It gives me the freedom to do whatever I want when I'm actually at the computer, and when I'm away. The bot does all my dirty work.

In other words. I can have my cake and eat it too.

Why have I never been caught?

I can only assume that it's because I'm not stupid with the bot. He (I call it a he for no reason at all) logs off periodically which shows regular play times for any hardcore raider. He does both bgs and farms at the same time. He'll fish for me, cook for me, play the AH for me. Do anything you can dream of.

All while appearing to be a normal player.

Now... All of this is only because I have set him up to behave this way.

The botters that you catch. They're the ones that either rush into the process trying to get "Phatlootzlol" or they're slave laborers just trying to meet a quota and the account is not theirs.

I'll expand on the actual population later.

Until next time my friends.

4 comments:

  1. Guess I'm not sure if this is a real website. If so, thanks for the info I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actual website. We'll just call me the black sheep of the botting community. I feel like I owe the gold bloggers a bit of information since I've borrowed so much through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It's about time someone other than the typical gold guru/ gold blogger/ gold bazillionaire brought something new to the gold blogsphere. I AM intrigued and look forward to more postings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I don't agree with your methods, I'm also intrigued at the inside information of the "darker side" of WoW. Info not many players are privy to.

    ReplyDelete