Wednesday, April 27, 2011

(Leveling to 85)

I promised a post on the how bots can affect all the battlegrounds.

I'm a bit embarrassed because I'm still testing the newer ones.

Rather than give you an incomplete posting. I'm going to wait to post the complete list.

I did level another character this past weekend. Taking full advantage of the Call to Arms feature.

But instead of detailing that experience, I want to share something I'm sure few of you know.

There have been improvements in the botting world...

Now... before I let you in on this. Take a seat.

Are you sitting? Good.

A new profile has been released recently that allows you to take a level 1 character. We'll say warrior for all intents and purposes.

You can name him, model him and do whatever you want. Then, you load up the world and turn the bot on. He will then run some tests and figure out where in this large world of Azeroth he is at. Once he realizes his location he starts running to a quest giver. Takes the quest and starts doing exactly what a human player would do.

QUESTING!

Once he hits say level 5 in that area... He walks to the next area and resumes his questing. Anytime he passes a flight path he gets it so that later when he needs to go back to a previous area for a quest he can.

Take that method. Rinse and repeat all the way to 85.

Yes. You can also grab two gathering professions and he'll level those as well the entire time.

Yes. He will repair himself.

Yes. He will send off his items to another character when his bags get full.

To be honest. I haven't tried this yet. I'll download the profile and get back to you with my results.

Any questions you have can be directed to the comments or @thefriendlybot on Twitter and of course emails are always welcome: thefriendlybotter@live.com

Until next time friends.

5 comments:

  1. what bot does that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just google "wow bot". No mystery here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does appear to be dead... Was really looking forward to this as a regular blog to read, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to stop posting because of all the negative feedback I was getting from the community.

    ReplyDelete